Friday, February 16, 2007

Here I Is...Agi'n!!

Howdy again ya'll and how ya'll was. Me, well I been better but I quickly got over it. It were too distractulating and confusimatin'. I reckon I is better off jus' bein' me, right?
Anyway, I thought I would update today and man what a trip, just to get on the site to post was a nightmare! At first the thingy wouldn't let me sign on and then it would not let me go to my site and create a new post without wanting me to create a new account. I tell you this new teknology is just scaring the living daylights outta this ole country boy. Iff'n you can't operate a keyboard and scoot a mouse I reckon you'll be left in the snail age. 'Nough 'bout all that.
There ain't really a whole lotta new news. Yesterday I got a HOT message in Welding class. I had just run a bead and was chipping the flux off of it and a piece of redhot flux popped off and went down my shirt collar!! It melted my earplug cord in two and burned me about 4 times before I could get it away from my skin. When I took my coveralls off at the end of the class(I wear 'em over my street clothes to stay clean) I felt the piece of slag hooked to the inside of my shirt. Man did that thingy hurt!!!!!! I learned 2 different techniques to using a welding rod and the theory behind them and it was interesting.
This Sunday afternoon, V and I will be inducted into the Phi Theta Kappa honor society at a ceremony at Calhoun. I guess working hard and squeakin' by with a 3.9 GPA might finally pay off. (Actually we paid them off to let us join, 70 bucks apiece!!!!!) Well I reckon I should let ya go and get back to work, but remember this...* The trouble with bucket seats is that not everybody has the same size bucket!!!!!!!!
Ya'll be good, Poppi

3 Comments:

At 3:05 PM, Blogger Ryan's Mimi said...

Congrats! Glad you are ok with your welding redhots!

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Boy, guess it's true when you play with fire you'll get burned! Glad you're ok, but I did have to laugh while reading it - you just made it sound so stinkin' hilarious! Glad you decided to update - was thinking of sending out the posse to look for ya. Be good.

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Omaloriann said...

Congats on the TBK thingy! I remember how proud I was when I did mine!
Glad the redhots didn't do more damage to ya.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home