Sunday, December 10, 2006

We'uns Had Fun

Howdy Ya'll again,
Well here it is Sunday and man have the days passed by!!! Just the other day I updated and now I am behind agin'. So iff'n I can figure out the keys then I'll try to give ya' a briefup of what do be goin' on behind the scenes here at the ole homestead er, ranch, uh --where I live.
Ain't a whole lot happening except grabbing life by the horns and trying to make it go my way. I fixed up some on the little house up on the front and got busted by the inhabitants before I could get it done and get back home. They was a shore 'nuff sprized (and I think happy so they wouldn't have to do it.) But, either way the new winnder dressed it up a spot gooder!
Friday nite at work I had to go to the south plant and babysit a water pump until 1:30 in the morning. It got so cold that a fire sprinkler water pipe busted and dumped about 2000 gallons of water in the floor. The floor is sunken about 1 1/2 feet so we had to pump the water up and out so the floor would be dry enough to get in the building and make the repair. One of the first shift maintenance crew and my colleague from second made the repair the next day. I really felt for my buddy, he worked till 1:30 with me and then went in at 6:30am the next morning to help fix it.
Saturday nite, me Sweetie took me and the kids to see, "A Christmas Carol" by Charly Dickens and it were quite interesting. The special effects were pretty good and I thought Jacob Marly did a good job of shakin' Scrooge up. Ol' Dickens sure did a bang-up job of writin' that story and I thought the Fantasy Playhouse did a good job of dramatizing it for the payin' folk.
After the play, we headed home and decided to stop at "good ole Wal-Mart", (just to shake 'em up a bit and see what they had fer sale) seein's we ain't happy 'bout buyin' anything since they treat their people like trash. Anyway we ran into some good friends of ours and proceeded to chat until we thought the kids would beat us home. When we realized the time, we lit a shuck and headed for the house and just beat them by about 30 minutes. (It would have been by ten minutes but they had car trouble and got home later than the curfew.) We had a great evening with our friends and came home all tuckered out. We might have to do it again sometime -before we get old.
Anyhoo, I probly rambled on long enough to put some of you to sleep so I'll zip me lip.
Ya'll be good, (Santa's watchin'), Poppi

2 Comments:

At 12:54 PM, Blogger Omaloriann said...

Glad you had fun on Saturday! Go to Flo's blog to see what we were doing on Saturday!
Wished I would have known about the Play, but then I was too tuckered out so probably wouldn't have been able to go anyways.

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

MMmmmmm, BOY!! Can't believe you went to Wallyworld!! We've cut 'em out entirely (almost). :)

Glad to see you're doing much better. Hope to see you soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home