Sunday, May 06, 2007

Long Time No Post!!

Howdy Ya'll Again,
Well here it is another day and a couple dollars shorter. I finally got some time to post something. I have been busy in school and haven't had a whole lotta time to keep up with all the news that isn't. I have one more final exam to take tommorrow and then I will be done for this semester!!!!!! Wooooooohooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah, I sorta got excitalateded there and I reckon it just jumped out of me. I ain't the type to get all shooked up about things but I might just jump iff'n I get skeered.
Saturday 'fore last Sharon, Vanessa, and me went to G'ville and watched the Bassmaster Elite weigh-in. We got to see one of our favorite fisherman win the Elite Championship. He is Kevin VanDam, (KVD) from Kalamazoo Michigan. It is neat to read about all these professionals in the fishing papers and magazines and then seeing or meeting them in person. WayCool!! We were very appreciative that he was human and sorta cried when he spoke about goin' home for the first time since February 9th. You could tell he really missed his'n wifey and kiddypoos. I am glad for him that he Finally won an Elite series on G'ville for the first time since 1989.
Well nuff'n 'bout fishin, but then again, me Queeny said she wanted to learn how to bass fish and boy am I willin' ta learn her how. It sounds like I will finally have a fishing buddy and hopefully a good competitor to keep me challenged. I hope she outdoes me and then I have to work for braggin' rights!!!!
Anyhoopy, last nite we got some rain and had some lighting. I think everybody slept through it 'cept me. It woke me up around 1:30am and then I couldn't go back to sleep for a while, but I am glad for the rain since it cleans the atmosphere and settles the pollen. Me little girl has allergy problems and what with all the pollen she sure has suffered. Poor Young'un.
Well, I reckon I'll blow on outta here and not keep ya too long, but 'fore I go think about this:
Money can't buy happiness -- but it's more comfortable to cry in a Corvette than in a Yugo .
Ya'll be good,
Poppi

4 Comments:

At 10:35 PM, Blogger Omaloriann said...

You would be crying if you had make those payments in that Corvette. LOL Good to see you posting there brother & congrats on the almost completed semester.

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

Gilbert!

You are quite the hilarious writer! I finally remembered to "look you up" :) Man, are YOU southern-fied! HA!

Bass fishin'....now that sounds like fun. And bass EATIN' sounds funner. Let us know when she catches the big one LOL.

Keep postin'. I'm putting you on my feed list!

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Just Me said...

Thanks again for Sunday supper and all the fish stories!

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger J. No said...

You sound sort of skittish..... I mean Scottish. :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home