Monday, June 09, 2008

Summer...

Howdy ya'll,

Here it is another day in the city and here I am at Calhoun. I took time to take Mr. B to school so he had time to cram a little more studying in for his Cal II test. I reckon that it gives me some time to catch up on the little things.

There's not a whole lotta things going on around here. I have my garden in and it is kinda slow but it looks like it might finally make something. There are several plants that have blooms on them already. I can't hardly wait for the fresh tomatoes to put on my sam'ich..yum, yum, yum!!!

We just finished VBS and it seems to have charged everybody up some and it brought back memories for me. I really enjoyed VBS when I was young and was not happy when I got to old to go. I have memories of VBS way back when I was a little kid in a certain denomination in Michigan. I really loved to go every time it was offered. I also remember the devotion times that were offered in the public elementary school. If they were allowed now maybe the kids would have a positive direction to go into. The many memories that were made over the last week and a half will stay with the children and some may have a different life due to it.

I am thankful for the heritage that I was given and am glad to pass it on to my young'uns. I trust and hope that they will take advantage of it and then pass it on to their little'uns.

Well, there ya go, I updated and rambled and listened to ragtime music all at the same time! Talk about multi-tasking... I'm plumb tuckered out, guess I'll go find Mr. B and see iff'n he's ready to head for the hills so I can get ready to go to work.

Ya'll be good,
Poppi

7 Comments:

At 10:47 PM, Blogger Nicky said...

we might have to taste test some of those maters brother. glad you're still pressing on

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Omaloriann said...

Maters - yummm, fix me one too will ya - I'll even come up & eat it with you! :) I remember those VBS too - even the memory verses we learned - remember the song "Trust & Obey" - seemed to be uncle Dawaynes theme song didn't it? And the Stop & Go song? So many memories - and I'm thankful too we can pass our heritage to our younguns'. Thanks for updating!

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

I still remember you working on those crosses last year...

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, Poppi!!

JLMK when those maters are ready, and I'll bring some bread for sammiches!!

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Omaloriann said...

Hey - I do believe we need an update on this here blog....Love you and am praying for you.

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Tag, you're it!! It's been a loooong time since June 9 - a little updation is sorely needed, Poppi! :)

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Omaloriann said...

Hello Poppi - we need an update or else......buddy......you hear your elder......who loves you by the way....trying to help you out....for our little sis gets ahold of ya......LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home