Saturday, December 08, 2007

Yeeooow!

Howdy again ya'll,
Well here it is, another day gone and I still ain't done with school. I have been studying all day long and there is no end in sight. Well, actually there is...next Thursday!! I have two finals and then I AM FINISHED!!! Yep, then you can stick a fork in me and call me done. I will have been tenderized from years of study and stressing out over grades. I hope it will be worth it!
This afternoon I was taking a break and loaded a ladder on the truck and was strappin' it down when the strap slipped off'n the hook and KERWHAMMO, I slung my sore thumb (actually it wasn't sore just yet) into the side of the ladder!! Boy, howdy, hello, mercy me, and wowzer did the world light up!! I grabbed my (now sore) thumb and held it real gentlelike and couldn't say a word. It hurt so bad that it took my breath away and caused my brain to go numb and blank. Anyway my Queen saw that it hurt me some and sent a prayer up right then. The pain went out of it real quick like and I was able to finish up loading the ladder. Later the throbbing sorta set in and it is letting me know that it is still hangin' on. I typed this but it weren't near as quick as I usually type. I reckon I might lose the nail afore I get to much older, but I know it won't help my looks none.
I thank the Lord that through all of this commotion, I still didn't have to sin, say a cuss word, or gnaw the bark off no trees. I was able to handle it like a saved person and boy do that feel GOOD!!
'Till later,
Poppi

9 Comments:

At 7:56 AM, Blogger Denna said...

I know you will be glad when school is over. I am sure Sharon will be super glad.
Loved your post. I am glad that you had God's grace when you hurt your thumb. You know, one thing I have learned in those situations is....It sure feels good when it quits hurting. LOL

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

Isn't it amazing how people lose their religion over a small finger?

So glad you've got victory over your nervous system :D

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Omaloriann said...

OUCH - brings back memories of when our dad hurt his finger in the tiller many many moons ago. I'm glad you were able to handle the situation with a Godly attitude. I agree with Denna - it will feel much better after it quits hurting - funny thing is though, I didn't feel a thing. Glad too, your Queen was there with you to send up an instant prayer to our heavenly Father for help.
I am also rejoicing that school is done for you! Where / what we doing to celebrate this occasion?

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger reber said...

Glad to know the SAVED AND SANCTIFIED version of ya. Even my son is totally amazed at the differance.

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Omaloriann said...

RYC: Ah I see - cute bro, verdy verdy cute

 
At 9:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to celebrating with you over school being done...Grandma had some (good food) things in mind...Just let us know!! LOL Glad your thumb was ok...

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Omaloriann said...

ONE MORE DAY! Then what are you going to do with all your 'free time' heeheeheheee

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger Omaloriann said...

Happy LAST DAY OF SCHOOL

 
At 10:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed spending time with your family last night. Have a good day Love you, Florabeth

 

Post a Comment

<< Home