Friday, November 03, 2006

I'm Baaack!!!

Howdy friends and neighbors,
I told you last week that I would try to keep you updated better this week but I have not felt up to it until today. So here I am and maybe I can keep my promise. It has been a long week and I feel I am getting stronger now, (Finally). The procedure I had done Monday took only 20 minutes to do but the recovery time seems slightly longer. I am thankful for a good wife and kids that have helped me during this time.

Tonight my brother John and his family are coming up to bring supper and visit and I am looking forward to seeing them. It seems like it has been a long time since we have had any time together. They are bringing Tim and Amy and their son Ryan with them and it will be the first time for me to see the baby (In person), so I am looking forward to seeing them.

Ben has been working on his school pretty hard this week and is finally getting caught up in his subjects. Vanessa left with some other young people for Hattiesburg MS this morning and won't be back till Sunday nite. Her birthday is Sunday the 5th and she turns 19 for her last year as a teenager. Getting old quick? Naw! Just growin' up too stinkin' fast, I bet ya.

Anyway I am going to sit in the sunshine for a little while later today when it warms up some and try to soak up the rays. The summer has left us and now the fall has fell so any warmth that can be gleaned in the middle of the day must be gotten if possible. I am thankful for heat in the house. Can you imagine trying to stay warm in a cave at nite without knowing what a fire was (to keep you warm) and only wearing some stinky cold animal hide to keep you shivering...er warm? In some ways the modern world is going crazy but I am all for the heat and air systems that have been developed. YeeeHawww!!!!
Ya'll have a good day and don't spend to much time on The Google. Be good, Poppi

3 Comments:

At 12:37 PM, Blogger Omaloriann said...

Well, my dearest Poppi - glad your going to be soaking up some rays! Glad your feeling a bit better too. Have fun tonight & NO LAUGHING allowed! Maybe one day soon you will be able to see our dear Emma is person too! Take care of yourself & keep googling....I mean blogging!

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Just Me said...

Talk about cold, I'm being stingy and not turning on the heat-result-I'm a little chilly here. but I sure liked the looks of that last electric bill we got.

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Poppi, so glad you're feeling some better. I wanted to crawl through the phone to give you a hug last night - you sounded so weak! Sorry I forgot to send your yummies with Peter, but I guess that gives us a good reason to come see you next week, right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home